Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Moon River....

Audrey3Ivalde

Roslin Petion and CJ Carnot only have themselves to blame. After waiting for weeks with bated breath to see the new skins…. I suffered a relapse to Diva-ness upon glancing at the name of the new Line, Audrey… I have spent the last day or two channeling my inner Audrey but I stopped myself before things turned really creepy. The funny thing is I was in New York last March (after Twenty Years) standing outside of Tiffany’s and I did not go in… Some things are better left imagined..

These two collaborators, who have been part of some of the best loved Skin lines in SL, closed up shop several weeks ago in order to introduce not only skins but a whole new Brand, 5th & Oxford. Roslin has said that they will over the next few months be introducing a whole range of products which will fit with the concept of a lifestyle brand.

AudreyMU

Audrey comes in four lines at this point; Fresh Freckles, Fresh, Smolder and Smokey. Like in the past, the make ups are impeccable and if you have owned Fleur or TAP skins before, you will not be disappointed. What has changed about the make ups now are the changes which have occurred in the body. The lips are far more defined, with a variety of lipsticks and shading. On the face the nose is nicely rendered as is the lip area. The body as a whole is beautifully shaded with details, like the belly, back, neck and bum each having it’s own character. The only area missing detail to my view is the ankle but it seems to be a problem area for a lot of skin makers as the ankle can look knobby if done wrong. My overall view of the skin is that the shading and details are sensitively rendered, coupled with the makups which as usual are stunning.

AudreyNude2

There are three tones for each skin, fair, Med and Tan. Medium being my favorite. Each skin is 600L with 6 skins going for 2400L (with a store card). Demo’s available. Because I was channelling Audrey and because Ivalde was having a photo Contest (which I believe I missed by a whole week), I went looking for something she might have worn. Early 60’s old Hollywood….

Audrey6Ivaldeb

Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.

© 1961 Paramount Music Corporation, ASCAP

Credits: Skins-5th&Oxford, Audrey (wearing fair smolder2), Eyes-Exodi Twilight Bella, Hair-Curio Paper Tiger Wheat Blond, Dress -Ivalde Desiree Black 1960, Shoes-Sin Daphne, Cigarette-Mika Elegant Animated Cigarette holder/Ebony silver, Jewellery Chuchulet. Most pics taken at MC Store.

No comments: